Appsilon’s Shiny Masterclass is Now Available
Mastering Shiny with Appsilon: Building, Scaling, and Deploying Shiny Apps
Early this year at rstudio::global, Appsilon and RStudio held a 3-hour long Shiny Masterclass X-Session. We covered many popular Shiny topics, from beginner level to expert level. The full session recording is now available to the public on our YouTube channel. You can also find the session recordings on RStudio’s Blog. If you watch via YouTube, please subscribe to Appsilon’s channel for more R/Shiny tutorials!
This article summarizes the Shiny Masterclass session and provides timestamps for each section:
Shiny Masterclass Details
Here’s a list of topics covered in the 3-hour session:
- Best practices for developing durable Shiny apps
- Theming Shiny & R Markdown
- Styling Shiny with CSS and SASS
- Speeding up Shiny apps with
- Guide to Shiny Open Source Packages
- Scaling Shiny to hundreds (or thousands) of users
- Shiny Innovations:
shiny.fluent, and beyond
Also, you can learn some interesting things about bslib (R package which provides tools for creating custom Bootstrap themes) and thematic (R package which makes theming of R graphics simple).
Session modules were presented by Appsilon and RStudio team members that are experts in Shiny, including:
- Pedro Silva – Software Engineer @ Appsilon & Grand Prize Winner of the 2020 RStudio Shiny Contest
- Dominik Krzemiński – Open Source Tech Lead @ Appsilon & People’s Choice Winner of 2020 shiny.semantic Contest
- Olga Mierzwa-Sulima – Senior Data Scientist @ Appsilon
- Tom Mock – Customer Success @ RStudio & Creator of #TidyTuesday
- Shannon Hagerty – Customer Success Representative @ RStudio
- Damian Rodziewicz – Co-Founder @ Appsilon
- Filip Stachura – CEO and Co-Founder @ Appsilon
- Marek Rogala – CTO and Co-Founder @ Appsilon
R Shiny Masterclass: Section Guide
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:00 – Who is Appsilon?
- 5:48 – Theming Shiny & R Markdown (bslib and thematic)
- 29:00 – Styling Shiny with CSS and SASS
- 53:00 – Speeding Up Shiny Apps
- 1:11:00 – Guide to Shiny Open Source
- 1:21:00 – Best Practices for Developing Shiny Apps
- 1:43:00 – Scaling Shiny to Thousands of Users
- 2:02:00 – Shiny Innovation – shiny.fluent, shiny.react, and beyond
- 2:36:00 – Appsilon is Hiring!
- 2:41:00 – Q&A
Appsilon is hiring for remote roles! See our Careers page for all open positions, including Senior R Shiny Developers. Join Appsilon and work on groundbreaking projects with the world’s most influential Fortune 500 companies. We hire globally, with team members in Europe, Africa, the UK, and South America.